Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Search the Scriptures Diligently - VTing handout

I absolutely loved the quote by President Ezra Taft Benson in this month's Visiting Teaching message. I wanted to be able to see it often and help prod me into a better scripture study habit. So I decided to type it.

Then I decided to make it pretty.

An hour later, I realized that if I was going to actually STUDY the SCRIPTURES before the boys got home from school, I'd better stop fooling around on the computer and DO IT! :)

Two hours later--now the boys are home and I DID study the scriptures and that feels so good.

I thought it might be nice to share my work. I'm not a real expert on prettifying (I usually leave that up to my talented friends!), but I hope someone out there likes this! Feel free to print it out if you'd like. :)

 

Scripture Quote ETB

 

Credit: I used parts of the Skylit kit from Carina Gardner's Peony Place

4 comments:

Vauna said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful, Michelle. I think I will print it out to take to each of the sisters I visit teach.
I think you did an amazing job of beautifying!
I've seen the darling stuff you put on your blog and I've often thought I should learn a thing or two from you about digital scrapbooking.

llamitanan said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! I LOVE it, Michelle. I printed out four copies to take to my ladies. You are ON THE BALL to have already gone this month. Good job!

Becky Rose said...[Reply to comment]

I love it too. Not sure how to print it, but I also wanted you to know about www.theideadoor.com, which is great and if you go under VT, they create items just like this. Maybe you want to submit it?

Deaton Adventures said...[Reply to comment]

I love it! I am going to print it off as soon as I get more ink. You are so talented.