Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 23 - { the little lost library book that now is found }

Last November I checked out a library book on "Nursing School Entrance Exams". I flipped through it, and put it on the desk to read gradually whenever I had a few minutes. It got buried by Christmas cards and bills and paperwork, and I forgot about its very existence.

Then in December we sold our desk to make room for our new sectional. Before the people came to pick up the desk, we put everything from on top and in the drawers into Wal-mart bags that went into the kitchen. About a month later the bags migrated into the garage. (Obiviously, organizing is not a natural skill of mine.)

I had Chris return a whole stack of books to the library, including some nursing-school type ones, and assumed it was in there. Meanwhile, whenever I received the email from our library saying it was due, I just kept renewing it, thinking they must have shelved it without discharging it, and every time thanking my lucky stars that someone hadn't placed it on hold!

I've been trying since Christmas to get the paper mess under control, and to figure out what to do with all those bags of paper in the garage. (I think paper is my mortal enemy). Girl in a Swirl recommended a great organizing book, and it's given me the Umph to get going on the paper! Yes, ma'am. I pulled in those bags this morning, and ATTACKED them, sorting like a fiend.

 

Guess what was in the very. . . first. . . bag. . .

 

Yep! "Nursing School Entrance Exams"!!! WAHOO!!!

And my first emotion? Not shame (maybe it should have been!). Not annoyance at myself. No beating up of self going on at all.

100 days of gratitude tag

 

 

It was just sheer GRATITUDE. 

 

 

 

Can't wait to go to the library!!!

5 comments:

snbjork said...[Reply to comment]

Yay, I'm glad you found your book! Especially since it belonged to the good ole library. It sounds like your type of organizing is exactly what I do! Move things from one place to another until you finally muster the motivation to really take care of it. My main problem is that I just don't have places to put things. And I don't really want to spend the money buying containers and that sort of thing....so, my problem never really gets solved. I figure someday we'll be rich and then I'll just pay someone to come and organize everything for me.

Great plan, eh?! =)

Vauna said...[Reply to comment]

I'm glad I'm not the only one with things like that going on! Maybe some day I'll find all my missing things!

Snarky Belle said...[Reply to comment]

HOORAY on finding the book...sheer gratitude, I love it!

Have I mentioned you inspire me? :)

llamitanan said...[Reply to comment]

Congratulations on finding your book! I'm very impressed that you're going through those bags. Good job!

Malauna said...[Reply to comment]

I feel like I'm living the parable of the lost piece of silver in Luke 15:8-9! I am definitely rejoicing that you found what was lost!