Thursday, September 25, 2008

What do YOU think?

I am frustrated.

I thought that it would be very cool to have a 3-column blog. So I spent literally hours making it that way.

Then everything seemed squished. I couldn't get stuff to fit right. I'm very claustrophic, and it was painful for me to look at my posts. It was just so darn hard to read the thing! So I've changed it back to something simple. (VERY simple.)

Before I fancy it up again I want to know what you think. Did you like the 3-column version of Mama's Boys? Is it nice to have the sidebar stuff all near the top, instead of needing to scroll down through weeks of blog posts to see it all? Does that part even matter, or is my post content more important?

I absolutely LOVE all your comments. They make this seem more like a conversation. I do enjoy talking to myself (scary, I know), but I tend to start becoming a hermit in my little cave, and you all help me retain some semblance of normalcy. :) My hope for this blog is to provide a peaceful, comfortable, fun place for you to "visit me" and my family, and for us to talk about life, and the things that make us happy.

 

So come on in! Move those books off the couch so you can sit down, have some chocolate milk, and give me your HONEST opinion. . . . .

 

~Mama

8 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...[Reply to comment]

I personally like three columns. But I normally read your blog in Reader so I miss the info. on the side bar anyway. I did just read the side column and it was very interesting! :) If you so decide on using the three columns, feel free to copy the HTML from my blog. Good luck!!!

Becky said...[Reply to comment]

Ooh, chocolate milk. I'm so there. Seriously, I didn't mind the 3-column format, but only if you could widen each column. I'm sure there's a fung shei setup somewhere that studies the most pleasing (aesthetically) format, as well as the ergonomics of the chairs that your readers are sitting in. Anyhow, you make it how YOU like, then it will really be like we're visiting you, and not some impression of you.

Love you!

Malauna said...[Reply to comment]

I'm with you on the claustrophobic thing. Which is why my blog has two columns, with one that is much wider than the other. I do miss your pjs background.

Cindi M said...[Reply to comment]

I am a fan of the two column blog, because of the simplicity, but I have also struggled with how to put the most important things at the top and keep it from being confusing. I decided to go with what made me happy (good idea Becky). Joseph is usually the most frequent visitor. It helps him through his workday when I can post something, so I put the things at the top that I most want him to see. Good luck! You'll come up with something great.

llamitanan said...[Reply to comment]

I agree with Becky--"Make it how you like it." But since you are asking my advice (I usually give it unsolicited), I look forward to the posts and pictures more than all the formatting. However you had it before all the grandiose changes was wonderful. Keep those posts a' postin'! :)

boltefamily said...[Reply to comment]

I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your encouragement on my blog! I LOVE your blog! I am praying for your family!

Love,
Kristy

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

I personally like the 3 column look IF the post column is wider than the other two and the ability to place "ads" at the bottom (STILL trying to find my perfect design!).

Deaton Adventures said...[Reply to comment]

I liked your old design but the more I visit now the more I like the two column, just keep the photos and stories coming!