Sunday, August 24, 2008

Meme from Becky

My beloved, amazingly talented sister Becky tagged me recently with this fun set of questions. . . .
 

image Ten years ago, I was:
1. Taking care of a 2-month-old Exacto
2. Adjusting to a new life as wife of a graduate student
3. Relearning how to breathe in the Florida humidity
4. Playing for lots of voice students at FSUimage
5. Learning how to cook - it was an uphill battle for a while :)


Five things on my to-do list:
1. Clean off my desk (seems like that's ALWAYS on my list - arg)
2. Start getting next week's Sharing Time ready
3. Finish the dishes (yes, I'm enjoying this guilty pleasure while dishes wait in the sink. Tsk. Tsk.)
4. Call my sister Mandy
5. Work on Benjamin's scrapbook

 image
Snacks I enjoy:
1. Homemade yogurt - mmhmm
2. A handful of chocolate chips discreetly snatched
3. Baby carrots (weird, I know)
4. Apple slices with peanut butter
5. Sugar-free Hershey special darks (these are actually really good!)

Things I would do if I were a millionaire :
1. Pay off the house - heck, buy a new house! (and pay it off)
2. Take YOU out to lunch at least weekly (meaning all of you beloved friends or family who are reading this :)
3. Set aside money for boys' missions / weddings / etc.
4. FINALLY get off this continent and see the world : attend the Wagner festival at Bayreuth, touch the Taj Mahal, walk on the heather in Scotland, meet all the people DC knew on his mission in Germany,  go to Met performances in NY, Berlin Philharmonic, you get the picture
5. Buy a Steinway concert grand (black) for our new houseimage

. . . . .Oh, is it all gone already?! ;-)

Places I have lived:
Provo, UT

Austin, TX

Tucson, AZ

Allentown, PA

Tallahassee, FL

central AR

6 comments:

Karrot Soup said...[Reply to comment]

That was a fun kind of tag, I liked getting to know a little more about you -- I might have to do the same thing. Especially that 10 years ago one... how's homeschooling going, by the way? :)

France said...[Reply to comment]

I didn't realize you were in the Primary presidency. What are you? I normally do the 5th Sunday sharing time, but someone needed to switch so I did it last week. So glad it is over :-) Good luck with yours. Lashelle

Becky said...[Reply to comment]

Yay for doing the post! Man, I sure wish I did have a couple of million to do those things you listed (and so you could do them, of course ;). I guess some dreams have more of the anticipation wonder when not yet realized. (Boy, that sounded pathetic, I mean poetic. Sheesh!)

Stephanie Johnson said...[Reply to comment]

Gotta love a handful of chocolate chips. Yum, I'd better go get some now! You're invited to come stay here anytime you wish. Labor Day weekend is coming up....

Michelle said...[Reply to comment]

Thanks for the comment, Kristin! Fun to hear from you. I'm not homeschooling anymore. Had to take a mental health break. It's actually working out well, because the boys' school got a new principal that is just outstanding, and has made a huge difference in the whole atmosphere there!

Michelle said...[Reply to comment]

To answer Lashelle's question, I'm the president. I was 2nd counselor for a couple of years and then, at the very beginning of my pregnancy last year, I was called to my current spot. It has been a very challenging, stretching time for me! I love Sharing Time once I'm actually up there doing it, but I definitely feel pressure in getting it ready. :)