Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm still here! sort of. . . .

We just got back home from being out of town for about a month, and our front yard is all dug up for city construction. (Remember the flood/tornadoes back in April? They're going to fix things so it doesn't happen again. yay!) Unfortunately, they hit a gas line and our phone line. Our gas is back on, (thank you, Thelma!) but our phone won't be back on until next Tuesday. I think I just about passed out when the AT&T employee told me that.
AT&T: Let's see. The soonest we can get someone out there will be Aug. 19th
Me: You mean a week from today?
AT&T: Yes, evidently there are many requests in your area.
--long pause, in which I decide how angry to get--
Me: You've got to be kidding. You expect me to survive a week without email and the Internet?
AT&T: (laughs a little nervously) Yeah, most people are more upset about that than not being able to use the phone.
Me: (starting to border on desperation) But isn't there anything at all I can do? My husband needs access to his work-related emails!
AT&T: I'll put a red flag for priority on your request.
Me: Better make it neon. (JK. I didn't think of anything that clever that quickly.)
AT&T: Thank you for choosing AT&T. Have a nice evening.
--I hang up slowly, wavering between the choice of slamming the phone down or going on a tirade, and having the nerve to do neither--

So here I am at the library. It is really scary to pay bills in a public place. Isn't it ridiculous how dependent we are on things that didn't even exist 15 years ago?!

Thank goodness for Windows Live Writer. I can still work on posts, but I won't be able to publish till next week. I have a lot to say, so look for more noise coming from this corner of the blogosphere soon! (whether you want it or not- ha) :)

4 comments:

Cindi M said...[Reply to comment]

Can't wait!

Andrea said...[Reply to comment]

Oh what a bummer. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. Good self control. I would have lost it.

snbjork said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, Michelle! I am so looking forward to Tuesday...just a few days away. I'll be anxiously awaiting your call and looking for new fun blog posts. Welcome home! =)

llamitanan said...[Reply to comment]

Luckily, your computer was down while we were out of the country. I LOVE your posts!