Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Power and Influence of a Righteous Woman

Sometimes I think about the things my children will face and are facing as they go out into the world and I am petrified. Schoolchildren are learning things way too early, and I don't mean the three R's. I feel like a big part of my job is damage control. So I try really hard to make sure my children are comfortable talking to me, so that I can help prevent spiritual damage whenever possible, and help to heal it when it does occur. I think of what it must have been like for families trying to live the gospel and teach the children behind the Iron Curtain. As the world increases in moral liberality and becomes more anti-Christian, perhaps it will be like we're behind a spirtual Iron Curtain. Already parents' rights are sadly threatened, as to control over what their children may be taught in school. Whenever I start to feel despair over these things, I find great comfort and strength from the words of our modern-day prophets.


Pres. Spencer W. Kimball said this


"To be a righteous woman is a glorious thing in any age. To be a righteous woman during the winding-up scenes on this earth, before the second coming of our Savior, is an especially noble calling. The righteous woman's strength and influence today can be tenfold what it might be in more tranquil times" (My Beloved Sisters, 17).


What an uplifting way to look at this time! My strength and influence can be tenfold what it might be in more tranquil times! Perhaps my children's influence on others is also magnified. I know they were reserved to come to earth at this time. What an honor it is to be their mother!

1 comments:

Nana/Mom said...[Reply to comment]

I am so grateful you have chosen to be a "fulltime" mom and be there when your boys come from school. You do have great power and influence for good on your children. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the quote with us.