Monday, September 2, 2013

Dear Mom, DC is growing old. . . .:)

week of August 26 – September 1

We started settling into the new routine. Homework is taking over our afternoons and evenings and I am not pleased. I think everyone should have time to crochet, like Fluffy. :0)

203

207

(I just thought Rosebud looked beautiful in this picture. She always looks beautiful.)

We were enjoying the gorgeous dry 90s weather and were a bit startled when school was closed on Friday, due to “unprecedented heat!” (Evidently many of the schools in our district don’t have air-conditioning and it was getting pretty uncomfortable indoors). We sure didn’t complain, though!

The day school was closed the high was 91, with about 43% average humidity. It rained a little in the afternoon, and then we saw this.

005

Welcome to Fort Collins, where we get Rainbow Days off from school! haha!

The next day was my Darling Cutie’s birthday. I’m not saying how old he is, but let’s just say it was a big one.

We had decided to celebrate on Labor Day the following Monday, and he said that meant Saturday would be a great day for a temple trip!

017

If we leave at about 5am, it only takes us 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to the Denver Temple. We got there just as the sun was rising.

020

It is SO MUCH EASIER to go to the temple now than it has ever been since Exacto was born. It is close enough that we can leave our Cute Ones home while we go (even sleeping!), and he is old enough to babysit them for that long.

I can hardly believe we’re at the point to be able to do that now – it seemed like our days of trading off and waiting at the stake center for each other would last forever. I guess that’s one huge benefit of growing old! I’ll have to ask DC since he’s the one doing that – haha. :)

Here he is on his %#&*th birthday. Does he look that age to you?

021

My heck, he’s handsome! mmhm. :)

And here’s a gratuitous selfie, since we were too shy to ask someone to take our picture.

023

Love how I have a fountain and a spire coming out of my head.

It was so good to be at the temple. I am learning many new things there, and gaining new understanding. This time I felt more strongly than ever how much our Savior Jesus Christ loves us. Also how amazingly loving the plan of salvation is.

029

(If anyone out there reading this ever has a chance to go to a Mormon temple open house, do it! The temples are open to the public for a couple of weeks just before they are dedicated. You can go inside and see how beautiful they are and what an incredible peace is there. I hope to invite several friends / family members to our Fort Collins Temple open house in a couple of years!)

030

We grabbed a Sonic breakfast on the way home and found these waiting for us. Awesome.

032

I didn’t know we had quadruplets! :)

DC forgot to turn his phone back on that day, and missed several kind (shall we say compassionate?) phonecalls from family and friends for his birthday. However, the messages brought him comfort on that traumatic occasion. (He is really going to get me for all this. heh-heh)

And the next day was Fast Sunday and I got ambitious with Rosebud’s hair. She looked mighty sweet, didn’t she?

046

Next up, DC’s birthday celebration extravaganza!

Hope you’re enjoying these, Mom! (And hope everyone else out there isn’t too bored by all the detail!) I love you!

Michelle

3 comments:

Vauna said...[Reply to comment]

Your details are never boring.
I've always felt young and looked forward to each birthday. Suddenly this year I realized I'm almost that age DC turned and it was a real shocker. For the first time ever I'm not thrilled to be getting another year behind me!
What a lovely way to celebrate. I love the Denver temple. I did baptisms as a youth there. And I've come back since moving away and gone there with one if my dearest friends.
Maybe sometime I'll get to go there with you and DC.

Vauna said...[Reply to comment]

Your details are never boring.
I've always felt young and looked forward to each birthday. Suddenly this year I realized I'm almost that age DC turned and it was a real shocker. For the first time ever I'm not thrilled to be getting another year behind me!
What a lovely way to celebrate. I love the Denver temple. I did baptisms as a youth there. And I've come back since moving away and gone there with one if my dearest friends.
Maybe sometime I'll get to go there with you and DC.

llamitanan said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful temple pictures! Adorable hairdo on Rosebud!
Handsome boys! Can't believe they are growing up so fast--into such awesome boys!