Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 36 - { my mother }

197804 edit

 

"All that I am, or hope to be,

I owe to my angel mother."

~ Abraham Lincoln

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have thought and thought about how to write this post. How do you write your feelings about a person who is most precious to you and so close that you can't even think about yourself without thinking about her, too?

How do you write about the one who first taught you who you really are and who you are meant to become?

How can words ever express a love so strong and a gratitude so deep as what I feel for my mother?

I decided prose just can't cut it here. And so, a poem. This, to me, tells the sacred work that my mother has done in my life.

 

Two Temples

 

Out of all the blessings that I feel to thank Heavenly Father for, this is perhaps the greatest. Her influence on me for good for eternity is truly immeasurable.

 

100 days of gratitude tagMom post

3 comments:

Vauna said...[Reply to comment]

Beautifully said. Imagine what the world would be like if everyone had a mother like yours or DC's & mine!
I'm onto your riddle.
I'm SO excited to hear the answer!

llamitanan said...[Reply to comment]

You are too nice, Michelle! Thank you! I LOVE YOU!

Becky said...[Reply to comment]

Best. Mom. Ever.

Love you, Mom!!