Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 39 - { Dad }

100 days of gratitude tagI only have to think about my Dad, and my heart just swells up and overflows with love and gratitude. He is simply the best in the world.

I can't think of a single moment when I did not know that he loved me and would do anything in his power to protect me, provide for me, and to help me be happy and return to Heavenly Father.

Dad makes me think of . . . .

peanut butter,

crazy-imaginative bedtime stories,

Saturday morning pancakes with a background of mariachi music,

dachshunds,

musical "bigotry" :),

homemade bread,

"Daddy-back" rides and tickle monsters,

patient piano lessons,

Barber's Adagio for Strings and Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra,

hiking among saguaros in the Arizona mountains,

tight hugs and approving, tear-filled words,

unconditional love.

 

Today is his birthday, and I want to share with you a special poem I wrote for him as a Christmas gift about 5 years ago. This is my Dad. . . .

Dad's BD

 

I love you with all my heart, Dad! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Dad said...[Reply to comment]

Thank you for the beautiful card. I am so grateful for my angel "Chich". Love,
Dad

llamitanan said...[Reply to comment]

What a wonderful post! You do have the bestest dad! We have the bestest children too including our first little michellita!

Vauna said...[Reply to comment]

Thank you for sharing yet another beautiful and touching post. I wish everyone could have such wonderful parents. (I, too, am one of the lucky few!)
Happy Birthday to your dad!

Chris said...[Reply to comment]

I have to agree 100%. I'm SO grateful for Dad's wonderful example. He's one of those people I keep wishing I could be more like, yet I always feel so accepted by him, despite my imperfections. He demonstrates true kindness and Christ-like love!