Saturday, April 26, 2008

Darling Cutie

What is his name? Gras, Flocken, Darling, etc.

How long have we been married? Eleven years last Saturday!

How long did we date? Way too long. Of course, I was 17 when we met. We had to wait at least until parental consent was no longer required! ha. Just kidding. Actually we dated a year and a half before our wedding, and eleven years since.

How old is he? 34, and boy, do I rub it in!

Who said I love you first? Can't remember. Romantic, I know.

Who is taller? He is, by exactly 3 inches.

Who sings better? Well, you know, I hate to brag.

Who is smarter? DC is way smarter. He was actually an EE major before switching to violin performance. He has a doctorate. Need I say more?

Whose temper is worse? Definitely mine. :(

Who pays the bills? Moi.

Who does the laundry? Me again. Although my darling often helps put away the clothes, especially when I'm huge and pregnant and tired.

Who cooks dinner? Me. And since food is kind of a hobby for me, I really actually enjoy it.

Who drives when we are together? Usually DC. Especially on long trips. Which suits me perfectly.

Who is more stubborn? I think a lot of people would be surprised to find how stubborn my darling can be. But it's not very often. He almost always lets me have my way. :)

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Usually me, and because it's usually me that's wrong!

Whose parents do you see more? Mine.

Who has more friends? I seem to lean on my friends more than he leans on his, but we definitely are each other's Best Friend. :)

Who wears the pants in the family? My manly husband.

Who eats more sweets? It's a tie. We are a bad influence on each other, and both tend to cave in whenever the other is partaking of sugar.

Who mows the lawn? Darling Gras.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does.

Who asked who out first? Darling Gras asked me out first.

Who kissed whom first? Well, my goodness, that's kind of a personal question. :)

What is my favorite thing about him? His amazing Christ-like love for every person. I don't think I've ever heard him speak negatively about anyone. He has a celestial heart.

I tag Suzanne, Malauna, and Mom. . . .

4 comments:

Malauna said...[Reply to comment]

Thanks for tagging me, Michelle. That was a fun one.y

Becky said...[Reply to comment]

Hooray for Chris! Hooray for Michelle telling us about Chris! I love that "Gras" likes to mow the lawn. Very appropriate. ;) Thanks for the share.

snbjork said...[Reply to comment]

Okay, I'm it.

Karrot Soup said...[Reply to comment]

Eleven years -- that's so wonderful, though it doesn't seem that long ago. I think the roommates might be able to believe in his stubbornness, though, since we witnessed nightly stubborn contests over who could be nicer to the other. Maybe you've worked out a shorthand way through that after 11 years...
Congrats!!