Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Rocky Mountain National Park, raspberry tarts, and other delights

A couple of weekends ago we spent the day at RMNP. We live only about an hour away, and I wish it were even closer! It is so, so lovely.

Many of these photos were taken from the car (apologies!) but I think they still show the beauty of autumn beginning to unfold here.

10

1 2 3 .

We hiked in an area called “Hidden Valley” and went really, really high. It was surprisingly cold – there was frost on the ground.

4 5 .

We met up with DC’s mom and brother’s family there, and had a wonderful day. I wish we could have spent about a week up there!

6 7 .

I was curious to see the highest stretch of road in the park (and Bear Lake and the other lower areas were super crowded) so we headed up to the tundra at 12000ft+.

8 9 I was amazed at how barren and windy it was at the top, almost like another planet. But then see the lakes up there? So gorgeous!

We came back down to near Bear Lake and had a picnic at a lovely spot near a stream.11 12 13 14 .

All the campgrounds within an hour of the park were completely full. So the boys camped in our backyard!

15 .

Grandma with B&D’s children.

16 .

I think we must be related! :)

19 .

Rosebud and S.

17 .

Mom Baker made us a fabulous Sunday dinner, of course with ice cream for dessert!

18 20 21 22 .

Rosebud and I found a farm in town with you-pick raspberries. We had a wonderful time and came home with 3 pounds (for $9!). Rosebud’s request was to make raspberry tarts, just like Amelia Bedelia. They turned out super yummy. I can see why Amelia Bedelia is always forgiven for her mistakes when she hands these out. :)

156 157 .

We still try to take a weekly family photo by the temple. I’m hoping to do a time-lapse video of the progress. . .that would be super neat.

007 .

My amateur attempt at capturing the super-lunar eclipse last Sunday. It looked so much cooler in real life!

018

0 comments: