Monday, May 20, 2013

Dear Mom,

It was quite a week. We had two wonderful band concerts, DC’s last professional symphony performance,  a court of honor (where Exacto received 4 merit badges and the On My Honor award and Fluffy received Tenderfoot rank), the house inspection and appraisal AND Fluffy’s 12th birthday!

I wish I had time to upload some photos and even video clips of the band concerts, but this is one of those times where the post will be “simple.”

One of my favorite parts of the week was seeing my first live armadillo walk across the road. I had just been saying the night before how sad it was that I had lived in the South this long and never once seen an armadillo that wasn’t roadkill (‘cept in the zoo). The Very Next Morning, lo and behold. . . .:) It was like a smile from Heavenly Father.

Flickr

 

But my MOST favorite part of the week was celebrating Fluffy’s birthday. He is such a good, sweet, funny boy. Now young man, I guess. sigh.

 

095 copy2 crop

He gave his first talk in Sacrament Meeting this past Sunday, on the Priesthood and how it has blessed his life and our family’s. He prepared it 100% on his own and did such a great job.

He is always one to try to help me feel better when  I get stressed out.

His sense of humor takes me by surprise almost every time still – it reminds me of his Daddy’s.

He received the “Outstanding Trombone Student” award at his band concert Monday. This was impressive because his band is gargantuan (47 clarinets, they said at the concert) and he is one of nearly 20 trombone players. :)

He has a pure, very real love of the gospel and a strong testimony already. Oh, how I hope he continues to grow it and that he will prepare well for missionary service and a lifetime of loving the Lord.

Anyway, I Love that son of mine. I know you do, too. Thank you for the amazing quilt you are making for him – he loved seeing the pictures!

And now, things are really wrapping up for us here. I have 4 days left actually here in Arkansas, with our trip to Spain and Germany in the middle of them. I am SO EXCITED and still can hardly believe it’s really going to happen.

Can’t wait to see you tomorrow! I love you!

~Michelle

1 comments:

GumbyandPokey said...[Reply to comment]

I saw a cool sweatshirt the other day that said, "I play the clarinet. What's your superpower?" I came home and told May that there should be one for the flute. Heck, I want one for all my instrument playing kids!

Cindi