Tuesday, January 11, 2011

an experiment that may turn into a very good habit

I am a conflicted blogger.

I LOVE to write on here. I LOVE your comments. Blogging is so fun and so therapeutic to me.

But I also feel like I SHOULD write in my journal, in my own handwriting. AND, I write (or should write) family letters every week over email, especially to keep in touch with my missionary brother.

I know! I'm triple-decking this personal history thing!!

So here's the deal. I'm going to try making my blog into more of a second draft of my journal, and then just copy and paste into my family letters. Isn't that nice? Y'all get to read the type of thing I send to my FAMILY. You should feel very special. :)

It may be way too often or way too detailed for you. Feel free to skim! Or heck, unsubscribe if it drives you crazy.

Or . . . .ooh, this is the best one. . . . wait and see if I can keep this up for more than a week.

It'll be fun.

7 comments:

heroineworshipper said...[Reply to comment]

Or photograph the journal & upload the photo.

Andrea said...[Reply to comment]

Oh, I can't wait.

Melanie said...[Reply to comment]

Or have your handwriting turned into a font, then print your blog in your own handwriting!

llamitanan said...[Reply to comment]

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE whatever you choose to do! I read and savor every entry, comment and photo!

Karrot Soup said...[Reply to comment]

Ooh, we did the handwriting font and it was a blast, until the hard drive crashed and I lost it. My only little thought (may or may not be helpful) is that last year I started using a much smaller journal and kept it in my purse, and wouldn't you know I wrote in it a lot more. At the doctor's office, swimming lessons, even during Relief Society lessons occasionally. Good luck!

snbjork said...[Reply to comment]

Karrot Soup--I love your idea of using a smaller notebook for your journal! I may just have to steal that one.

Michelle, I am looking forward to reading way too much about you and your life. Yay! I miss you.

Becky Rose said...[Reply to comment]

Copy and paste into a page, 3 hole punch it and put it in a binder. Or copy and paste it into. What's great about this method, is you can put in letters, than you notes, church handouts, pictures, etc. www.ldsjournal.com- it's free and on line! You can put in pictures in this one too and write you life history in easy categories they make for you with questions they just ask. When you have enough you pay for them to bind it and send it to you!