Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Flat Stanley in Portland, Part Two

(Exacto is telling this from Flat Stanley's point of view)
 
VoodooFSresize
Here, Aunt Annie and I are outside Voodoo Doughnuts.  I really wish that I could have some, but I'm so flat that no matter how much I chew my food, I can't swallow it.

Wpdms Nasa Topo Columbia River Gorge large map

Here I'm camping in the Columbia River Gorge with Aunt Annie, Uncle Dallin, Annie's mom Sandi, her dad Allen, and her younger sisters Katie and Ellie. When we first arrived at the campsite, I was scared that I was going to get lost in all the leaves, trees, bushes, and everything else.  But Aunt Annie and her family took good care of me and made sure I didn't get lost.  For example, they wouldn't let me go anywhere by myself; whenever I wanted to go anywhere, I had to take someone with me.

BemsFSresize
Here, I am with Aunt Annie and Emma the black lab (Aunt Annie's family's dog).  Emma smelled me and then said that I was her friend.  I asked, "Does that mean that you're not going to eat me?"  Emma assured me that she only eats dogfood (usually).

ZoeFSresize
Me with Aunt Annie and Zoe the yellow lab (Aunt Annie's other dog).  I told Zoe that if she ate me, then Hummer might be sad.  Zoe said that she wouldn't eat me, but she might lick me.  I said that licking me would be okay, as long as she didn't get me soaked.

DinoFSresize
Here, Uncle Dallin and I meet a dinosaur at the Oregon Zoo.  I didn't know that they had dinosaurs at the zoo!  For some reason, it didn't move at all the whole time I was there.  Maybe it was hibernating.  (With its eyes open?)

PenguinFSresize
I met some penguins!  They were very nice to me.  They said that I could relax on their backs for a while.  I asked Aunt Annie if I could, but she said no.  I guess she didn't want me to fall in the water.

OcelotFSresize
Here I visited the ocelot.  I asked why people didn't just call it a leopard, but it ignored me.  I'll ask the next ocelot I see.  Maybe there will be ocelots at the next place I go to!

3 comments:

A. B. said...[Reply to comment]

Did Exacto really write this?! It is excellent! What a smart guy! It was so creative and so realistic at the same time. I loved it. Pass the word along. He might just be the next J.K. Rowling and if he isn't, he sure has the potential to be!

Michelle said...[Reply to comment]

@A. BaileyYes, he did! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the lovely compliment--I'll be sure to pass it on to him. :)

Amy Kay said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle if you would like Flat Stanley to have some adventures here in the South, you can send him to me, and I will take him around here. I travel anywhere from here to Orlando, Destin, Atlanta, and in August rafting in Tennessee. Just an idea.
I love reading about his adventures. It reminds me of when my kids read about him, and also my niece.