Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Our beautiful new son

We had a precious new addition to our family on November 3, 2007. Benjamin Robert Baker was born at 8:18am, weighing 7 lbs, 3 ozs, and measuring 20 inches long. He was absolutely beautiful, with light, curly hair, and very long fingers and feet. He had died in the womb about 2 1/2 days previously, because of two knots in the umbilical cord, which was also wrapped twice around his neck.
It was a precious day, our only day in mortality to enjoy this sweet son. We were able to hold him and be with him for several hours, a time that I will always treasure deeply. It was a sacred time.
We buried Benjamin on the following Tuesday, Nov. 6th, the day before he was to have been born. The graveside service was so comforting and peaceful. There were many friends there, and several of our beloved family members, and the day was crisp and sunny.
It is hard for me to share many of my thoughts about this on this blog, as they are so personal and sacred to me. But let me just say that the Spirit has been very close during this time. I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of us, and that Benjamin is safe with Him now. I also know that because of temple covenants, Benjamin is ours forever! How I rejoice in the knowledge of the resurrection! One day all things will be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I miss my sweet baby so dearly, but now look forward with deep anticipation to the day when he will be returned to me, never again to be separated!

4 comments:

Amy said...[Reply to comment]

What a sweet post. Thank you for sharing what thoughts you did. They have strengthened my testimony.

Malauna said...[Reply to comment]

I've read this post a couple of times now; and each time tears come to my eyes. Thank you for sharing your difficult experience. The Lord has blessed you and will continue to do so.

Deaton Adventures said...[Reply to comment]

Thank you for sharing such a personal experience with us, our prayers are with your family.

Becky LaBella said...[Reply to comment]

Your testimony and strength strengthens me -- and there will be some days when the testimonies and strength of your family and friends will strengthen you. Blessed plan. Bless you.