Monday, November 4, 2013

Dear Mom, I’ve got love like a river.

Week of October 28 – November 3

So, this week.

Here’s how it all went down.

005 crop

This was an exciting event. haha! Here’s to 177,777 more! (Our other car has about 50K more than this. I’m thinking that’s one of those “significant, subtle blessings” Elder Bednar talked about.:)

.

A new niece safely arrived! Congratulations to my beloved sister Becky and her family! I can’t wait to meet her.

IMG_9648

.

Rosebud had the honor of having her artwork exhibited at a community college here, thanks to a pretty neat library program. They had such a nifty little reception, with refreshments and everything. It was fun.

007

 

009

.

One of those magical peaceful moments when everyone’s getting along. I love that I can take a picture of it, and it’s like it’s suspended and can’t change! ha!

012

 

I already mentioned this walk, but can’t help posting a couple more photos. . . .it was so lovely!

019

031

C is for Corn-husk Dolls (and candles and cocoa and cozy. And curry. And candy :).

043

Way harder than I thought! I’m super impressed with whoever came up with these to begin with!

044

On All Hallow’s Eve—as Fluffy has taken to calling it—we went to Mt. Everest Café and partook of Himalayan cuisine. It was yummy! We also went to the store and let everyone choose a smallish bag of candy, then came home and shared it all.

Friday is when everything suddenly fell into place for our temple trip / balloon release. A couple more photos from that wonderful day. . . .

030 (2)

Again, so grateful for Suzie-Q and others who helped make that possible!

049

We came back home and had his "birthday breakfast” for dinner (this recipe’s a keeper! I subbed ww flour and they were still amazing.)

069 crop

070

 

Sunday was so peaceful and just what I hoped for. DC, Fluffy and I went for a walk to the same place as on Wednesday (I wanted to show DC how beautiful it was.)

013 (3)

We had Benjamin’s traditional birthday dinner and invited a few sweet friends over.

020 (3)

023 (3)

024 (3)

The best parts of the day were the emails, phonecalls, texts, etc. from the people in my life I am so blessed to call family and friends. I especially loved getting to talk to you on the phone for a long time while sitting in the car in the garage (so I could hear you :).

Isn’t it amazing how deep and far-reaching a mother’s love can be? I feel yours here just as much as I did in Florida and as much as I do when I’m with you. It is so awesome to also be on the other side of it now and feel that towards my children.

It is awesome to see that even after 6 years of not being physically together, I still love my Benjamin. Yep.

And even more awesome is to think of how that compares to Christ’s love for all of us.

Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

Isaiah 49:15

021

Love,

Michelle

4 comments:

Vauna said...[Reply to comment]

So beautiful and touching. Reading Fluffy's balloon brought me to tears. I love all of you guys. I love feeling close to you through reading your blog

Andrea said...[Reply to comment]

You sound so happy. I am so thankful that you had a wonderful birthday for Benjamin. I sent you a little package. I hope it arrives safely. Love you guys.

heroineworshipper said...[Reply to comment]

Wonder where the balloons landed & what the recipients thought.

Michelle said...[Reply to comment]

Thank you, Vauna and Andrea. We wondered aloud the same thing, heroineworshipper. The lady who filled them for us said she added some special whatever to make them last for days, so quite possibly they ended up in Greenland. Hopefully we made some Eskimo's day! :)
The spirits of those who have died are nearer to us than we can tell and we firmly believe that Benjamin reads those notes, although of course the balloons won't reach heaven. It's a symbolic thing.