We sent physical Christmas cards to everyone who sends us one, plus a few lucky-ducks who get one no matter what. Here’s the photo of our card, and a post adapted from the enclosed letter.
Our Top Ten* Blessings of 2012
*only 10, because there truly are too many to list
1. Inspiration received for DC to change careers ~ He is now working toward becoming an occupational therapist.
2. The restored gospel in our lives ~ Hummer’s baptism and confirmation into the Church of Jesus Christ (with all 4 grandparents in attendance) and Exacto’s ordination to the office of teacher
3. Being together, in good health, and knowing we’ll be with Benjamin again
4. Attendance at two temple weddings for my youngest brothers, a September one in Arizona and a November one in Utah
5. Fluffy’s 1st time to hike the Grand Canyon / my experiencing heat exhaustion and then a miracle through the Priesthood (hope I get to blog about this one – it was amazing)
6. A 15th anniversary celebration cruise to Cozumel. . . and homeowners insurance that covered the floor replacement made necessary by a toilet flood the day before we left!
7. Attending the Kansas City Temple Open House, and a wonderful Easter Sunday with cousins in Bentonville, AR
8. Seeing most of DC’s family and all of mine during our summer trip to Colorado, Utah, and Arizona
9. Three visits from my sister Becky’s family, and one from my sister Mandy’s
10. Having my dream job of full-time mothering, with Rosebud as a very sweet constant companion