Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Times they are a-changin’

I know that the writing on my last few posts has been a bit spartan, and I apologize! I miss writing soooo much – I will get back to it! Yes, I will! Life is grand, it’s just really really busy right now. Big changes are underway (hint at the end) and I want to share with you how they began.

But for now, and for the sake of my beloved distant family, a few humble photos. :)

150

We haven’t been visiting the cemetery nearly as much as we used to, but I always love to be there, especially with the family. (Rosebud is wearing her cousin Brooklyn’s dress from Aunt Joy’s wedding 6 years ago.)

Life is busy but good.

Exacto’s favorite parts of the day are seminary and band. He’s playing the mellophone for marching band (the marching edition of a French horn).

013

 

. . . .And here’s the fam at the high school’s recent open house. . . .

(I love DC’s fancy ‘hat’, don’t you? :)

036

037

 

Rosebud is our potty-training rockstar. It only took her a couple of days! I can hardly believe that we’re done with diapers. Those I will not miss. (The crib, on the other hand, is still set up in her room. . . .)

 

038

 

And he wonders why it takes so long to do the dishes? :)

048

 

We bought a jogging stroller. I have big plans to run a 5K in under 30 minutes. (I am a slow runner – this is a tough goal for me!) Any favorite running/workout songs? Do please share! The Mozart violin sonata this morning was not cutting it!

053

 

Fluffy had a campout this weekend with the 11-year-old Scouts at Lake DeGray. DC went with him for part of the time. It rained 2 inches that night. Yep. Fluffy’s Scout leader is in the National Guard reserves, and brought some MREs for them.

055

Hummer is doing great; there just aren’t any great photos of him recently. He is reading like there is no tomorrow, having missed the walker group three times now after school due to distraction. Also has left his homework home, but NEVER his Harry Potter book. :)

 

And this, my friends, is an Anatomy & Physiology textbook.

061

It had a hideous photo on the cover that had been bugging us, so for part of a datenight DC and I made a beautiful new cover for it, courtesy of Leonardo da Vinci. :)

Why would a professional musician be toting around an A&P textbook? Good question, good question. . . .

11 comments:

Amanda said...[Reply to comment]

No fair. Out with it missy! :)
I was terrified that it was going to be the 'm' word. I was already planning a blockade.

Malauna said...[Reply to comment]

They may not be 'rocking' but I enjoy listening to General Conference talks as I run (well, as I used to run, now I waddle). 2 talks and you've done 5k. Good luck!

snbjork said...[Reply to comment]

1. How is it that your children are starting to turn into almost grown-ups? Good grief, I can't handle it!
2. You look amazing, girly! So thin and fit. And your long hair is so gorgeous! I have always loved your locks.
3. I'm not smart enough to figure out your hint. Is DC going back to school (for his 10th degree)? Did he get a teaching job somewhere? Is he changing his career to anatomy?
4. I MISS YOU! And seeing pictures of your family always reminds me just how much.

heroineworshipper said...[Reply to comment]

So you're continuing your nursing goal. Violin music is no good for motivation. You need Rachmaninoff 1st Piano Sonata, Liszt Rondo Fantastique, or this award winning piece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMlWyU5vAxM

Karrot Soup said...[Reply to comment]

I've just barely begun to contemplate a 5K in under 30, haven't committed at all...when is yours? Maybe I'll do it too. Maybe. (If only we were together in person to run, I'd do it in a heartbeat!)
And I agree, your hint was too dastardly-hard.

The Hof family said...[Reply to comment]

Rosebud is so cute! That's great that potty training went so fast for you! Are you going to nursing school? Are those the changes? I would so love to run the 5k with you! To bad we are not moving to Arkansas. I need to find some time and finally update our blog. It's been so busy here as well. Home schooling 3 kiddos takes up a lot of time, but it is so much fun. I'm glad you posted some pictures of your beautiful family! Miss you!

Annalisa said...[Reply to comment]

love life better when its busy. so happy for you. such great pix. smiles!!

llamitanan said...[Reply to comment]

I'm so glad you are enjoying your family and life right now. It is busy but wonderful! I love seeing all those awesome children in your "humble" pictures. They are beautiful to me! Blogging would be a wonderful outlet for you while DC is in OT school.

Amy Kay said...[Reply to comment]

Love seeing your family growing up so nicely. We miss you out here. My boys are growing quickly also, Chandler is already taller than me, and Owen will be shortly. your hint to me looks like someone is going to be going to school in the medical field. Thanks for the update. :)

A. B. said...[Reply to comment]

I love this update! Your family is so awesome. I can't wait to see you guys in just a couple of days!

Andrea said...[Reply to comment]

The suspense is killing me. What are y'all up too. You have such a cute family.