Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Introducing. . . . Ruby-Roo

For Exacto's and Fluffy's birthdays this year, Nana and Grandpa gave them a very exciting gift. (This was with prior consultation and approval from me and DC, thank goodness.:))

 DSC08676

 

She was born on February 12, 2008 in Snowflake, AZ. When Nana and Grandpa came to visit in late March, they brought pictures of her and her parents and siblings. The boys were SO EXCITED. We decided to follow Grandpa's example of selecting an element from the Periodic Table--his dachshund is Molybdenum "Molly"; we picked Rubidium "Ruby."

 

1121PeriodicTable

 

It was a little tricky figuring out how to get her from her native land to our house, and the ante was upped when she weaned and came home to stay with my parents! We looked into airfare, but that was ridiculous, even if someone was already flying and just wanted to carry her on. So finally it was settled that we would both drive halfway, meeting in Amarillo, TX. Here's our first meeting, on April 18, 2008. And arriving home - April 19, 2008.

DSCF1630  DSCF1649

She was so tiny, DC said that we would need a sign that said, "Beware of stepping on dog"!!  The first few days were a little rough, since she had tendencies to leak out one end and bite from the other.  She was awfully cute, though. Here's a shot of her in her favorite spot during the early weeks.

DSCF1726

 

Now she's 4 months old, and she has grown super fast. I think she must be at least 3 times the size she was when we got her. Exacto and Fluffy have begun training her, and she's catching on quick! (They have a lot of motivation, because they earn computer minutes for the minutes they spend training her. :)) I wonder if we should have named her "Mercury". She is in CONSTANT MOTION! We love our little Ruby-Roo, as Hummer calls her.

So, welcome to the family, Ru! 

052 DSCF1750

8 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...[Reply to comment]

Such a cute dog! Just adorable! Good luck with the training. It's always fun when a dog does tricks.

Becky said...[Reply to comment]

She is a cute one. To think she almost had an extended visit at our house...
:)

snbjork said...[Reply to comment]

Oh my, is she ever adorable!!!

That being said, I'm still glad she's not living at my house. A dog is the last thing I need in my life. I would love to come and see her though! She looks so sweet and snuggly. Does she like to cuddle in your lap or is she too hyper?

I just love the picture of her in her little bed. I bet your boys are taking great care of her!

llamitanan said...[Reply to comment]

Great post! I like the way you added the periodic table to show her name. Did you almost forget her in Texas?

bluenomad77 said...[Reply to comment]

my favorite animal is poopies.
Very cute puppy!

France said...[Reply to comment]

She is so adorable. Dogs can be fun and a lot of work. Glad to hear the boys are helping to take care of her. Lashelle

Michelle said...[Reply to comment]

Yes, she almost stayed in Texas! I must have been really out of it that morning! I got all our stuff packed in the van, had the boys go to the bathroom and get in, got the snacks, borrowed CDs from Becky and Daniel, said goodbye. Becky said, "Wait, do you have Ruby?" Oh, my word! Hu-LLO!

Becky said...[Reply to comment]

Fun to read the story. K, my ulterior motive for writing this comment is too out-comment Suzanne. }:)