Monday, March 31, 2008

Goal Accomplished!


One of the goals I set for this year was to run a 5K by the end of March. I have been training for it since Christmas Eve, with a few setbacks here and there. Last Monday I DID IT!!! Yippee!! Dad and Joseph did it with me. DC and the boys and Mom were our cheering squad, meeting us at a couple of points along the way, giving us Gatorade, and finally holding the tape for me to break as I crossed the finish line. They were awesome.



Thanks, Dad and Joseph, for running with me!

7 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...[Reply to comment]

Way to go! That's awesome exercise and sure helps with the "blues". But did you burn up in those pants? They look warm, sista! :)

Mandy said...[Reply to comment]

You are really whipping back into shape quickly, sister! Great job! I wish I could have trained and run the race beside you--hopefully another time soon :)

Becky said...[Reply to comment]

Go, Mischnell!! My big sister is SO impressive!

snbjork said...[Reply to comment]

Yay Michelle! You are awesome and such an inspiration to me. I am looking forward to running my first 5K in May! How fun to have your Dad and brother to run with you. What a great family.

I miss you!

Michelle said...[Reply to comment]

Thanks, ya'll! I love you guys (er, girls). :) Running has really helped me recuperate physically and emotionally. I love being by myself and having the time to think--and the endorphins certainly don't hurt! Hey, Mandy, let's run one this summer together during the Bailey reunion! P.S. It was actually in the 30s earlier that morning (!), so the long pants felt great. Won't be wearing those much longer! :)

Maria said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! Very impressive. During the winter too!

llamitanan said...[Reply to comment]

Sure had fun being there for your 5K! It was so tiring for me to ride with Chris and the boys to cheer you on! :) Great pictures!